Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Good afternoon I have been asked to repeat a blood test for

Customer Question

Good afternoon
I have been asked to repeat a blood test for PROLACTIN and hoped you could advise is this a serious problem as I am getting worried as it is my third rest in 6 weeks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.

Dr. D.J. :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

what were the results of your prolactin levels before?

have you had any breast growth or nipple discharge?

have you seen an endocrinologist yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do not have previous results.

no to next questions

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
without your prior prolactin levels, it is hard for me to say if this is a serious problem or not.

I'm not sure why your doctors are asking to repeat your blood levels for just prolactin 3 times. perhaps your prolactin levels are high.

prolactin is a hormone made by the prituitary gland and will go up if the pituitary gland is nor functioning properly.

the pituitary gland also makes hormones which regulate your thyroid gland and your testicles and your adrenal glands and all of these should be checked as well.

endocrinology doctors are hormone specialist who specialize in hormone imbalances

I would get a copy of your prior levels. I would be happy to review them with you.