DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, I have a few serious conditions, which are due to my nervous

Hi, I have a few serious conditions, which are due to my nervous system, I have Syringomyelia, and now recently I am have trouble passing urine and I am pushing it out. and its getting worse. My GP gave me water pills and if I didn't take them I don't think I would be able to pass urine at all...could you tell me what I should do..apart from going to the ER

Mrs Christine Vascik
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need an ultra sound of the bladder and someone needs to straight cath the urine if it is not coming out.
If you have enough back up, the kidneys are going to be damaged.
This is not home treatment.
Call your doctor and ask that you be sent to the lab for what is called a post void resdidual ultrasound.
This will show if you are retaining a lot of urine.

If so, you need intervention, as well as kidney testing to see if there is damage.

In fact they can to an ultrasound of the kidneys along with the bladder which should also be done.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [Click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.