Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

hello.i get feeling of tightness behind the breasbone with

Customer Question

hello.i get feeling of tightness behind the breasbone with nausea. it can happen at night and i get like a cold draft on my body.sometime is very severe nausea.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. Do you have palpitations or dizziness during these episodes?

Q. Sweating?

Q. Do you have cough in the mornings when you wake up?

Q. Previously diagnosed medical conditions?

Q. Are you on any medication?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sometimes i have dizziness not everytime.and not sweating all the time. i can wake up with sweat and severe nausea. i dont cough in the mornings.i do have acid reflux but i know that you dont feel sudden cold draft on body with that.i am opn dompredone and emaperazule but doesnt help, my concern is recently i wake up with cold draft and nausea and then when it goes away and i lay flat it suddnly comes back i mean the cold feeling on my body.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply, Rosita.

You are already on medication for the acid reflux, so, you're right, it is unlikely that the symptoms are due to that.
However, with chest pain or tightness and nausea and waking up in the night with a cold daft due to this, can be symptoms of a heart condition like angina. So, I suggest that you get an EKG and a stress EKG done as soon as possible.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont have chest pain .i just feel food stuck behind the breastbone and isnt it that sometimes withb reflux the medication doesnt work?i have also anxiety disorder . could it be because of that.?this feelng is not everynight. is there any other illnesses that these symptoms could be related to?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.
With the refractory symptoms, that you have, in your age group i.e., >40 years - the foremost thing to get done is an EKG to rule out cardiac conditions. \
Yes, it is true that the medication might not work sometimes with reflux, anxiety aggravates both acid reflux as well as cardiac conditions so, the best course of action is to get an EKG done, since cardiac conditions closely mimic stomach conditions like gastritis, GERD etc.
If cardiac conditions are ruled out, then your doctor can start you on an anxiolytic medication and also change your reflux medication. The set of symptoms you mention can only be due to cardiac or stomach related issues.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

as i am talking to you now i feel the feeling of food stuck and nausea. i am not sweating with it . can they see angina in ecg?i have done echo few years ago and it was fine.i think 3 or 4 years ago.can you feel severe nausea with reflux?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can feel nausea with reflux. And a feeling of a throat lump and nausea can also be due to anxiety, which also seems more likely in your case.
Yes, angina can be seen on EKG and one should be done just to get that out of the way. If this is not angina or a heart condition then an anxiolytic can help.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you please tell me the reason of when iget the cold draft and i lay flat it comes back. is that a drop in blood pressure?and never before i use to sweat after walking but i do now .

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the details.
A drop in blood pressure does not give a cold daft in a laying down position, it can cause that when posture is changed that is when a person stands up from a laying position, this is called postural hypotension and it is because the drop in blood pressure causes a decrease blood flow to the brain and this is not the case when the person is laying down.
Again, a complete physical examination is required.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

and sweating after walking. and feeling hot ?can it be because of being overweight or not?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it can be.
Hope this helps.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have done blood test for menapause.could it be that sometimes it doesnt show in the test?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
blood tests can not show menopause.
please leave a positive rating.