Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Im taking antibiotics at the moment, as they work on the problem

I'm taking antibiotics at the moment, as they work on the problem they're designed for, can they weaken the immune system?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

no, they will not weaken the immune system

They can put you at risk for other infections like a yeast infection or a colon infection by killing the good bacteria that live on your body but they don't really weaken your immune system

And people usually do fine.

I wouldn't worry about it.
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)