DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 16 month old daughter developed a fine which was followed

My 16 month old daughter developed a fine rash which further developed into dry patches on her tummy and back areas. I treated the condition with medicated soap and moisturizer which minimized the rash and caused the dry patches to create a dark scab and peel. Now the rash has reduced in intensity and looks like raised pores when you feel a chill and the area of her skin where the patches developed remain visibly dry in texture no matter how much we moisturize the area. This causes the skin on her body to have two textures. We have been applying various types of moisturizers for the past month with no improvement.Do you know what I can do to bring back her soft uni-tone baby skin

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

Make sure a doctor looks at this, and for now....

Leave it alone.
Stop all the creams, etc.

Get a tube of homeopathic calendula ointment from the health food store, which is not going to hurt the skin as other creams can.
Use it 3 times over 24 hours then wait.
Then use only if needed.

If you don't see a lot of improvement go to the doctor.
Rashes should not be treated on your own without a diagnosis in infants and toddlers, they should always be looked at.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.