Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Ive had sudden onset explosive liquid diarrhoea for three

I've had sudden onset explosive liquid diarrhoea for three days now. Not improving at all. Feel very sick but not vomited. No temperature. Feeling of pressure/ discomfort under left rib cage area. Diarrhoea yellow coloured. Am frightened as seemed to come on after having anal sex with my husband.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome back to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to diarrhea.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions

The symptoms of explosive diarrhea you are having can be due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu. Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.

Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.

This diarrhea is not related with your anal sex & there is nothing serious about this.

Following will help you greatly:

-Take tab. Loperamide to stop the explosive diarrhea & loose stools.

-Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day to get relief from gastric trouble/gas & relief from pressure/ discomfort under left rib cage area

-Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration

Both of these medications are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still the symptoms persists,then you need to go to ER as & antibiotics & other medications will then be prescribed accordingly.

In general terms & usually the diarrhea gets subside with these above described medications within 24 hours.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you taken loperamide?
Had your symptoms subside?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert