DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My mum has been having presure on top of her head for 6 weeks

My mum has been having presure on top of her head for 6 weeks everyother day when she rubs it it does go away but returns sometimes it wakes her in the night she says its not painful just pressure it does move move aswell to bottom of neck and behind her ear on her bone,sometimes her side of face goes a little numb but hasnt had that for a while,she had it two years ago but went afrer 6 7 weeks but she had a terrible cold but this time no cold at all she is 61
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Your mom needs to see the doctor right away.
First of all any new headaches must be examined, to rule out brain problems.
It can be migraine.

But it could be something brewing that is serious such as aneurysm.
Numbness is not a normal symptom, and can happen with mini stroke, aneurysm, migraine or disc disease in the neck.

Evaluation is absolutely necessary.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She has been to doctors,thats when they give her a nasal spray but the preasure moves from top of head to neck and some days she doesnt have it at all,so if it was a anarysum wouldnt it be in same place and preasure all the time shes had blood preasure done aswell and that was fine
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

Hi again Tracy:
The pain would rarely be in one place.
It can also be chronic sinus.
She needs a scan of her head.
People can stay sick for years with chronic sinus inflammation because no one got a scan.

Please do not forget a positive rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Çan you have chronic sinus imflamation with no cold or blocked nose
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes.
Please do not forget a positive rating.