DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

hi ii am a 40 years old woman i have this excessive pain all

hi ii am a 40 years old woman i have this excessive pain all over my body too tired to even go to work i had some blood test that showed high triglycerides 462 total cholesterol of 259 and deficiency in vitamin D3 12.5 together with high heart beat and very high blood pressure a month ago i was prescribed fluoxetine and plenica together with vitamin D supplements i forgot to mention that my prolactine level was in normal range but still had milk out of one breast
I am so confused and dont know whats wrong
thank you for your time
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What was the diagnosis]

What type of doctor?
What other testing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i was first diagnosed with fibromalagia then thyoid problems and have seen two doctors both familly medicine

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes it sounds like fibromyalgia and even chronic fatigue, these are on the same spectrum.
What happens when you exercise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just cant tooo much pain and too tired after long days at work what is worrying is my triglycerides level 462

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
The triglycerieds are high
What is your height and weight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well i am 168 cm with 76kg never been more than 61 kg

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
and what is your most recent TSH value...part of the thyroid studies.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the numers on my endocrinology was within the normal range ecept for the vitamin D3 i have a deficiency 12,5

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
Normal range does not cut it.
TSH can go up to 4.5 on a "normal" range.
But in a treated patient, over .5 can be too high, and the optimal range is .5 to 1. So, being hypothyroid [the upper limit for normal individuals should probably be 2.5] can contribute to all of your problems, including the triglycerides.

That is part one.

Now for part 2
Tell me what you eat, meal to meal, typical day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well usually i dont have breakfast just coffee at 11 am i havve rice cake like 2 again at 2pm have rice cake 2 pieces i leave the office around 4 have lunch at 5pm and have one plate of what ever is cooked at home rarely i eat junk usually i combine meat or poultry with carbs rice or potatoes and a very small salad and will stop eating if i get hungry i might have a sandwich late at night

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
Is sounds like you are hypothyroid. Since you are not eating to many calories.
You diet choices are not very good, and will contribute to your high cholesterol and triglycerides.
A nutrient dense, anti inflammatory diet will help with this.

The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt

The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.
See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.

In addition, the treatment for fibromyalgia, besides diet, physical therapy, and stress reduction is lyrica, savella, or cymbalta, these are the approve medications.

I would address all of the issues I have mentioned.

leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
A little tofu or tempeh daily

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
sorry for the double post there.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.