Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been married for 6 and a half years now. My relationship

Customer Question

I have been married for 6 and a half years now. My relationship with my husband was never great due to several things that happened when we first got married and him always being busy. We recently moved to another country from where we were and things got worse. He says he met a doctor who told him that I have a depression and that's why am always fighting and have a negative attitude. I am seeking help as I am worried I might really be depressed
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am going to be going through a depression questionnaire.
Please answer the following questions for me to assess if you have depression or not:

1. I do things slowly.

2. My future seems hopeless.

3. It is hard for me to concentrate on reading.

4. The pleasure and joy has gone out of my life.

5. I have difficulty making decisions.

6. I have lost interest in aspects of life that used to be important to me.

7. I feel sad, blue, and unhappy.

8. I am agitated and keep moving around.

9. I feel fatigued.

10. It takes great effort for me to do simple things.

11. I feel that I am a guilty person who deserves to be punished.

12. I feel like a failure.

13. I feel lifeless -- more dead than alive.

14. My sleep has been disturbed -- too little, too much, or broken sleep.

15. I spend time thinking about HOW I might kill myself.

16. I feel trapped or caught.

17. I feel depressed even when good things happen to me.

18. Without trying to diet, I have lost, or gained, weight.
For all the questions above you have the following answering options:

Not at all
Just a little
Somewhat
Moderately
Quite a lot
Very much

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.

I tried the live chat services but could not connect with you.
I would appreciate it if you could provide me more information on the questions
that I have asked above.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am passing through 6 out of the 17 questions you have asked me. I am seeking help as I feel unhappy in my life. I am the type of person who doesn't like permanent change. That's why I am unhappy and my husband is always busy. He says I am not making an effort to make our life happy. I have 2 small kids 5 and 3 and a half years old. I am the one always responsible of them. I don't feel excited about making any effort to make my life nice as am not happy in the country am living in and I feel effortless to make a social life as I feel I just want to leave. I am always nervous and feel I can't stand the fact that my husband is always busy and always abroad and I feel he is guilty to make us move and change country. He wants me to make projects all the time, travel, move house but I don't feel excited at all.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
I notice that you have opted out the other expert.

It certainly sounds like you could be depressed, but this is a diagnosis that cannot be made over the internet. It is also something that should bot be diagnosed based on the opinion of your husband. It is better for you to seek an independent assessment. If you are diagnosed with depression, there are several good options to help with treatment, including several different types of medicines or counselling.

Even if the depression is treated with a good response, it sounds like there are other issues with the marriage that may benefit from marriage counselling.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.