How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 33728
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

a week ago I noticed that the skin on my was red and

Resolved Question:

a week ago I noticed that the skin on my penis was red and had a few bubbles but without doing mutch itch, I do not know how to call this infectionand what treatment to do or medicine to use. Can you please help me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--could you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I,m sorry but I do not have any photos to sen d to you

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No problem Fernando. When you say bubbles do you mean like small clear blisters? Have you ever had this before and when was your last episode of unprotected sex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they are small clear blister near the head of the penis.

I never had sex with any other woman than my wife, so I do not use protectetion for sex with my wife.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. Then this is likely just a yeast infection called balanitis and not an STD if that were your concern here. For now you could try Lamisil cream three times a day for a week but it that didn't help you'd need to see a doctor for prescription ketoconazole cream or oral diflucan to resolve it
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you