Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

It has been suggested that i have emotionally unstable personality

It has been suggested that i have emotionally unstable personality disorder, however i disagree, i have looked at the symptoms and although i can relate to some of it, i lot of it i dont. I believe its a 'lazy' diagnosis. I have across a term called complicated and acute grief. When i have looked at this, i have every single symptom. I experienced a massive breakdown after a miscarriage and now my entire life is consumed with pregnancy and babies. The heartache felt so bad, i overdosed in an attempt to take my own life. Is it possible to have complicated grief though if the grief didnt necessarily involve a actually person
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

I am sorry for your loss. Many women due suffer significant grief and depression as a result of pregnancy loss through miscarriage. It does not matter that it was not a real living person.

The grief is real no matter how early in pregnancy you experienced the loss. You knew your baby was growing inside of you, and you formed some type of bond or attachment.

Depression and grief may be overwhelming. This is a normal response to the loss of your hopes and dreams for the baby you did not have.

I would encourage you to seek the services of a professional who deals with pregnancy loss, this would be more helpful. Good luck.