Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I was very sick this morning but stopped being sick at around

I was very sick this morning but stopped being sick at around 8am and I started feeling better then I woke up now (around 2:30am) being sick again. I wonder if this could still be a bug even though the vomiting stopped for around 16 hours, I have recently stopped taking codine as I was addicted it hasn't been a week yet so maybe this has something to do with it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--besides the vomiting any other symptoms like fever, chills, diarrhea, abdominal pain. Did you stop the codeine cold turkey instead of tapering off it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I had diarrhea and I had the chills but I was sweating and yes I stopped taking the codine cold turkey
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mike. This could just be a viral gastroenteritis and, if so, it should run it's course in a couple of days. For now try just clear liquids and some PeptoBismol if you have it and see if you can keep some solid food down later in the day. That said, this could be withdrawal from the codeine and that could last for over a week or more.