Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have had server pain that is no allowing me to due

Customer Question

I have had server breast pain that is no allowing me to due simple tasks for a week first i thuoght it was plurice because it started in the lung Xray was clear please advice .
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 2 years ago.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Do you have any other medical issues ? like diabetes ? high blood pressure ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

Do you have fever ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

Does it hurts when you press the pain area ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

Can you locate the pain area with tip of finger ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

What makes pain to increase ? what makes it go away ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

you there ?

JACUSTOMER-mt5vwttg- :

yes it hurts all the time i don't have to press it even with medication ,the pain is located right side of the breast with burning sensation as well as pain,the pain has been constant for a week which has reduced me to tears which is not like me a all i have a very high pain skaile well i thought.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Is there some swelling ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

redness or discoloration over this pain area ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

Do you have fever ?

Dr S.A.Alam :

Are you able to see some rash over pain area ?

JACUSTOMER-mt5vwttg- :

i have a fever which Paracetamol brings down but all meds don't help the pain dose not appear to be any redness or discolouration in the pain area are no rash .

Dr S.A.Alam :

Thank you for your replies,

Dr S.A.Alam :

There are two possible causes of pain in your case, Herpes zoster pain and cellulitis.

Dr S.A.Alam :

As pain is on one side and below breast, also has numbness and is very severe so first possible diagnosis is herpes zoster pain

Dr S.A.Alam :

Rash may or may not be present.

Dr S.A.Alam :

If area feels warm to touch, is red and painful then the chances of cellulitis are high

Dr S.A.Alam :

which is a skin and deep tissue infection needs antibiotics.

Dr S.A.Alam :

Best option for you is to go see your doctor ASAP, best to see a neurologist.

Dr S.A.Alam :

You need medicine like carbamazipine, gabapentin to control this pain.

Dr S.A.Alam :

You have questions ?

JACUSTOMER-mt5vwttg- :

i am on the last of antibiotics which are clarthromycin 500mg and Amoxicillin 500mg and this has not helped ,i have never heard of this Herpes zoster pain what type of medication should i9 aske my gp for ,is their a test to verify this .

Dr S.A.Alam :

It is mostly clinical diagnosis and yes we can check herpes antibodies in blood and herpes virus in the scraping from skin

Dr S.A.Alam :

It needs medicine like cabamazipine and gabapentin

Dr S.A.Alam :

It in your case is clearly herpes, you need to see your GP or neurologist,

Dr S.A.Alam :

You have questions ? let me know... If any more questions please wait for 20 min i will join you. Rate my answer as excellent if no more questions. THank you. I will be back after 20 min to explain you more. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-mt5vwttg- :

R you still with me .

JACUSTOMER-mt5vwttg- :

this is worse than the NhS i have just payed 54 pound to be told you will be back in twenty min .not happy

Dr S.A.Alam :

Dr S.A.Alam :

I am back

Dr S.A.Alam :

I had an urgent call, sorry for delay....

Dr S.A.Alam :

Diagnosis of herpes is made clinically by presence of rash which may be absent in many cases, pain is one sided mostly in dermatomes, It is severe and excruciating, numbness is also associated with it.

Dr S.A.Alam :

So it is herpes zoster unless proven negative by clinical examination and tests.