Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi Could anyone please help me understand my blood test results.

Customer Question

Hi Could anyone please help me understand my blood test results. They were taken on day 4/5 of my Period.

FSH 7.6 mIU/ml
Oestradiol 325 pmol/L

I am concerned that my Oestradiol level is low? Am I...
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. What is normal reference range on your report? Why these tests were done? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Oestradiol level had dropped to about 92 when I was on the pill six months ago. I was advised to come off it and this test was to check if it had been corrected.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Isabel thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear that you are worried but you shouldn't be because your levels are normal. At day 5 the estradiol levels can be anywhere from 70 to 510. There can be a sight variation in upper and lower levels between different laboratories but a value of 325 at day 5 is perfect. So please don't stress yourself. I wish you a happy and healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Day 5 of my period means my period was near the end. Would this still mean the result was o.k.?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your input. Yes of course day 5 of period means that your period was about to end, so yes your value is within normal range. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the normal oestradiol before your period?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your input. It can be in a range from 70 to 600. Regards