Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My 2 and half year old son had what looks like A little bubble

Customer Question

My 2 and half year old son had what looks like A little bubble type lump on his left eye almost looks as though it's a water splash (but very round and tiny) it went so didn't concern me. Now on right eye he has one on the top eye lid (I only noticed as he was rubbing his eye 3 nights ago and have seen it is slightly irritated on the outter upper lid) I have also noticed another one of these water splash bubbles on that same eye but bottom lower lid- what could this be?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can wait

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 3 years ago.
Hello & welcome!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.
From your description it is very likely that this is a viral infection causing some sort of small watery cysts,
If these increase in number or are accompanied by rashes on the body, you need to visit the pediatrician,
Otherwise these are likely to be self limited and may start reducing after a few days without any specific treatment,
Dr Gupta

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. He has 2 at the moment and one in each eye... He also had a stye which is calming down although his upper eye lid looks slightly irritated what should I do?
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 3 years ago.
I would like the child to be physically examined since the exact diagnosis is not clear,
In the meantime, I would recommend warm fomentation, and possibly application of Refresh tears in the affected eye to reduce the irritation and rubbing.
In case of significant swelling, a trial of Ibuprofen syrup may be useful as well,
Dr Gupta, MD