Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hey im a late teen and been told i have folliculitis by my

Hey im a late teen and been told i have folliculitis by my doctors but they then say theres nothing i can do about it? But ive searched this up n found a wholee heap of treatments etc, and its really making me angry i wont them gone but receive no help from doctors , what can i do?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

What are your symptoms?
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Have you taken any oral medications?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive had them on the pubic region since i was about 14 and im now 18 , and no havent had any oral meds because ive been told theres nothing i can do pretty much! Even when i tell them what ive searched and stiff like that
Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Folliculitis is quite common in pubic region.

Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.

Another less likely possibility is of multiple cysts.

Swabbing the skin & then sending it to a laboratory for bacterial and yeast cultures will confirm the infection.

Folliculitis is curable with antibiotics.

As you have already applied the creams,without much help,you now need the swab test to know the exact causative organism & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Oral antibiotics may be prescribed if the bacterial infection is confirmed.Also oral anti fungal medication may be required.

Till then you can apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.They are available as OTC without prescription & will help you greatly.

Also check your blood sugar level.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How would i go about doing that? If my docs wont give me the answers i need, ive been told ive had cysts before also? Think i might have one now actually as a bigger lumps jut poped up
Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Yes,as I said that cysts can be another possibility of your symptoms.

Sebaceous cysts are not dangerous and can usually be ignored.

Placing a warm moist cloth (compress) over the area may help the cyst drain and heal.Because sebaceous cysts are generally harmless and cause no pain, they may require no treatment.Only if they become painful,there is need of antibiotic & anti inflammatory medication.

Swab test is the most important here to know if there is any super added infection.

Folliculitis or super added infection can be diagnosed only after these tests.

So I advise you to discuss with your doctor about swab test so as to know the underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My usual doctor says its normal and just leave them , went to a different doctor today he said the same thing, but they only have a 1 sec look and dont seem to understand its not getting any better just spreading , really getting angry over it all to be honest
Dear customer
Thank you for replying back.

I can understand your concern & frustration for this.

As both the doctors seem not to be concerned,most likely this seems to be sebaceous cyst which is not harmful or dangerous.

If you do not have any symptoms,then there is no need of any treatment.

If there is pain or any other discomfort,then symptomatic treatment is done accordingly.

Also for confirmation ,I advise to consult a dermatologist-specialist doctor for skin disease regarding this of some higher medical institute.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer yet.Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert