Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

hello my brother as just been diagnosed with prostate cancer

hello my brother as just been diagnosed with prostate cancer which as gone in to lmphnodes and as got to have a a bone scan as thethink it might be in is bones as well what are the chances of survival
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry that your brother is dealing with this problem.

There are many factors that affect prognosis, such as the grade of the cancer, etc. However, the average 5 year survival of men that have prostate cancer and metastatic disease at initial presentation is about 30%. It is also true that the knowledge for treating cancers is always improving, and the most recent data can only reflect the level of knowledge from 5 or more years ago.

If you need any clarification, please let me know.