Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 12 weeks pregnant but for the past few days my right side

Customer Question

I am 12 weeks pregnant but for the past few days my right side as felt bloated and stiff I can't move side to side hurts it hurts when I breath in and out fell sick can't eat dizzy spell and sleeping all day
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry you are not feeling well.

Dr. David :

sounds like you could be battling a viral infection.

Dr. David :

are you drinking enough fluids?

Dr. David :

are you taking your prenatal vitamins?

Dr. David :

you could be dehydrated. you should see your doctor and get a wellness check and blood levels checked for dehydration.

Dr. David :

when was the last time you saw your doctor?

JACUSTOMER-rxyfsqn8- : had blood tests last week were fine I saw doctor beginning of week coz just above the breast I felt like I had been punched and couldn't breath he done and examination and said it was my ribs but since my belly is hurting I want to be sick at all times don't fell like eating much I have been on the floor in pain
Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

you could be having bad acid in your stomach.

Dr. David :

this can cause bad pain. you might need to take antacids to help decrease stomach acid levels.

Dr. David :

you are probably having morning sickness as well.

JACUSTOMER-rxyfsqn8- : Are those ok with me being pregnant I had the sickness thing end about 3 weeks ago when I'm sitting down it don't seem to hurt as much as when I walking
Dr. David :

yes, these antacids can be taken when pregnant.

Dr. David :

just make sure they don't have Gas medications in them like simethicone.

JACUSTOMER-rxyfsqn8- : Ok I'll give them a go
Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

I hope you feel better

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

I hope you feel better

let me know if you have other questions.

thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Expert:  DrHelen replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I saw your question and just wanted to give you a different opinion. You say you are 12 weeks pregnant...have you had a scan yet that has confirmed the pregnancy is progressing normally and most importantly that that the pregnancy is definitely in the womb?

If you have and all was well then I would go along with the other expert's advice above.

However if you have not had a scan yet you need to go to A&E without delay as the pain and faintness you describe are also signs of an ectopic pregnancy where the pregnancy is stuck in the fallopian tube. This can be very, very dangerous.

So...if you've had a normal scan, fine. Follow the advice above.

BUT if you have not yet been scanned please go to A&E and get checked out immediately.

I joined JustAnswer in June 2013 and am a UK doctor. I have been qualified for 23 years and have widespread experience in GP and cancer care.