Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hi. I have a problem. I had my two weeks ago on the

Customer Question

Hi. I have a problem. I had my period two weeks ago on the 17th. On the 5th day I had sex and on the 8th day as well. Today I had my period again. It is less than two weeks since my last period. I am worried that it could be implantation bleeding. Or whether the last period was the implantation bleeding.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

JACUSTOMER-5u80ycn0- :

Hi. I am worried that I could be pregnant. I had my period less than two weeks ago. I had it again today. Normally I am very regular

JACUSTOMER-5u80ycn0- :

Is it implantation bleeding

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand your concerns about implantation bleeding

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But having sex on the 5th and the 8th day makes it a little unlikely for you to be pregnant in the first place.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Implantation bleeding is something that can happen in only a few ladies and bleeding in between periods is something that is very common otherwise.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So I would still not say that this is implantation bleeding that you are having.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The only way to be sure is when you miss your periods on your regular dates and you test yourself by a home pregnancy test or by a blood test.

JACUSTOMER-5u80ycn0- :

So it could be real period this time as well. Is it possible that the emergency pill made my period early by 2 weeks

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Home pregnancy tests are usually very accurate at least a few days after you have missed your periods, preferably at least one week after.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes emergency pills can cause bleeding problems.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So it may have been the emergency pills causing hormonal disturbance, leading to your bleeding.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rather its most likely the emergency pill that has caused your bleeding problem.

JACUSTOMER-5u80ycn0- :

But I don't know when to expect my period now since I got it today. Should I expect it in two weeks or 4 weeks

Dr. Shahzad MD :

After the emergency pill periods can be delayed for a week or two or may happen early.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So I would not worry.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

However, I would still want to have a home pregnancy test done after you miss your periods just to be sure.

JACUSTOMER-5u80ycn0- :

Can it be that my last period was implantation bleeding? It was heavy period though. It lasted 6 days

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Most likely not.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can have a home pregnancy test now which will rule that out surely.

JACUSTOMER-5u80ycn0- :

When should I do the pregnancy test? In two weeks time?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

In another two weeks time and you can do one now as well just to be sure.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

and then another at two weeks time.

JACUSTOMER-5u80ycn0- :

Ok. Thank you very much.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)