Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi My wife was suppose start on 19/02/2014, but it

My wife period was suppose start on 19/02/2014, but it did not, so on 24/02/2014 we tried the pregnancy test and it showed that she was pregnant, last night she had some stomach pain and started to have blood drops, the bloods continues and we tried the pregnancy test again and it showed that she is not pregnant.
what shall we do?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--she needs to see a doctor right away. While some spotting is common in early pregnancy, this sounds like she may be having a potential miscarriage or that she has had one. Either way, she needs a blood pregnancy test and a pelvic ultrasound. It may be that the pregnancy can be saved but if not she may need a D and C to remove any products of pregnancy that might be left behind. This really should be considered a medical emergency