Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

i have a sore on my chin that looks like a brun but has a crust when dried, i also have a

Customer Question

i have a sore on my chin that looks like a brun but has a crust when dried, i also have a very sore throat, cold sore, blister inside my mouth and a slight tingling/ tender feeling when touching the right side of my face, any ideas what this could be?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

This could be a cold sore. It could also be an infected skin lesion such as impetigo. This is a staph infection of the skin. It generally has a yellow crust on it.

Dr. K. :

The tingling is likely nerve irritation from your cold sore which is herpes.

Customer:

i already know that the cold sore is a cold sore i have them often but they have never come with the other symptoms. whatever it is that i have, is causing pain on the right side of my face, right side of my throat and also swelling on the right side of my face?

Dr. K. :

those symptoms are most likely from the lesion on your chin. the pain and swelling is consistent with drainage of the infection through the lymphatic system on this side if the lesion is infected with staph then this makes sense.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I lost my internet connection there. Recurrent herpes can also cause stomatitis, an inflammation of the oral cavity. The lesions can be infected with mouth or skin bacteria. It does usually resolve on its own but may require antibiotics if it does not, within a few days.