Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have an inguinal hernia.Some mornings when I get up I am

I have an inguinal hernia.Some mornings when I get up I am nauseous and vomit..the hernia has gas going through it and I feel it "bubbling"...sometimes all I bring up is air..and it is like being sick a burp! This is weird and I don't know if the two are connected.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

I doubt these symptoms are related to the inguinal hernia. An inguinal hernia can have small bowel in it, and therefore feel like it has gas trapped in it.

You sound like you have GI reflux, and are burping up gas and stomach contents due to the reflux. You could try some over the counter Zantac or Pepcid.

If over the counter treatment is not effective, you will want to schedule an appointment with your Dr.