DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Yesterday I noticed a persistent floater (small black curved)

Yesterday I noticed a persistent floater (small black curved) in my left eye. Later that night outside looking at the night sky I has seeing tiny flashes of light in the same eye. Do you think this is a detached retina and can I wait until tomorrow (Monday) to get it checked out or should I go to the emergency department today?

Many thanks,

Jane Blunt (age 71)
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jane,

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I think it is unlikely to be a detached retinal...simply possible.

If symptoms get worse I would go to the ER.

Otherwise I think tomorrow is OK.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [Click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.