Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Question already asked and paid for response but not had one

Customer Question

Question already asked and paid for response but not had one for whatever reason. Ian XXXXXXX XXX

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--sorry for the delay but I have no record of your previous question so if you can give me the information here I'll be glad to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My wife in New Haven Physco unit bromsgrove had Lithium and mytazypine tablets built up led to some improvement.Then things levelled off and to help further she was given ECT. After 4 ect sudden change from negativity to being positive........great. Then after 6ect and a short break to the next consultation negativity again came in and the decline continues. What is best next to have more ECT or replacement medication or just to continue to coax, push, persuade Jill to be active and to difficult as it may be to force herself to speak and behave positively difficult as it may be.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Ian is the lithium and mirtazepine the only medications she's ever been on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jill also on Olanzapine 20mg,and Celluvisc eye drops the Li is at 50mg and the Mirtazapine 45mg

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--just one more question--has her psychiatrist discussed this with you and is he considering a medication change?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not discussed yet,we have a consultation meeting this Tuesday..............tomorrow so it will be up for discussion then

If I could carry an experts view with me it might help.

Mike XXX

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mike. For now I would hold off on any more ECT for a while and I would add Abilify to her present medications because I think that addition would pull her out of this. Sometimes ECT works well and then its effect wears off but it can be reinstituted in, say, another three to six months if necessary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dr.Chip for your help, much appreciated.

Mike

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Mike but let me know how she does and remember to rate my service to you