Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Having been at 61 up to the age of sixty, since then my pulse

Having been at 61 up to the age of sixty, since then my pulse has slowed down steadily. When my readings were in the low fifties I was referred to a hospital consultant after an ECG whose verdict, after getting me to jump up and down vigorously, was that I was fine but to come back if I had fainting spells. This was three years ago and now my readings are regularly 50 or less, the slowest was 46. In January I had minor day surgery and there it was measured at 49. I feel fine but keep reading that for a fit male the rate is 65 to 80, and increases as we get older! I have also been regular monitored because in between times I have had surgery and chemo to tackle colon cancer. Ron Warrington.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any diagnosed medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Customer:

No and No

Dr. Shahzad MD :

How is your blood pressure like?

Customer:

Usually very good.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If your blood pressure is very good like you mention then I would not worry at all.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Pulse rate can vary from person to person and with age. Not all people's pulse gets higher with age.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I do not think its anything to worry about.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX must stop seeing myself as a clockwork toy that is winding down!

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)