Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hi I have a large swelling on my lip. It started out as what

Hi I have a large swelling on my lip. It started out as what seemed to be a cold sore but now it has grown rapidly and is beginning to spread across my top lip. I have slight fever, tender and swollen glands under my chin and a headache. I have a tender red rash under my right eye and a slight throbbing sensation behind my right eye every few minutes. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

This is something for which you need to see your doctor ASAP.

If necessary you should go to the ER.

This is most lkely Cellulitis, or inflammation of the layers under the skin.

You need urgent medical attention for this.

Go to your doctor and if you cannot get an urgent appointment then go to the ER for this.

Meanwhile be careful not to rub the blister or sore which will only cause it to spread more.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti