Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 56 and a year or so ago I posted a question to say that

Customer Question

I am 56 and a year or so ago I posted a question to say that i had experienced post menopausal spotting . i went through the menopause about 2-3 years ago. This resulted in me having tests under a specialist and it was revealed a very minute polyp causing no problem and it was suggested bleeding could be caused by vaginal dryness and i was discharged. Today I volunteered to go for a private health assessment and they discovered blood in my urine and i have also had some spotting again, the urine test was repeated and sent off for analysis and i have to wait but the doctor said even if it came back negative i should get my own doctor to repeat the test. WHy would this be necessary ? What might the likely cause be and should i be worried , The waiting is destroying me as i am a very anxious person.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I guess this volunteering for this private health assessment isn't meant to be considered for routine health care testing.

Dr. David :

I would ask to get a copy of your testing if possible.

Dr. David :

and if you get a copy of the testing, you can bring a copy to your GP

Dr. David :

if they won't give you a copy of your testing, you might have to have your tests repeated with your doctor.

Dr. David :

most common cause of blood in the urine is a urinary tract infection.

Dr. David :

you should get your uterus checked again to make sure that bleeding polyp hasn't increased in size.

Dr. David :

you might need to have that polyp biopsied to know for sure why it is bleeding.