DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, My 8 year old daughter has for the second day had a

My 8 year old daughter has for the second day had a rash around her right eye. It seems to appear later on in the day, before bedtime and has been slightly itchy. On asking her about the sensation she says that it does't feel quite normal. No other symptons presenting - though she did have a treatment of Mebendazole on Saturday for threadworms. Could it possibly be a side effect? I intend to visit the Dr tomorrow morning to establish more but any peace of mind now please as I am concerned.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I would expect a side effect to be more diffuse.

This sounds more like a contact reaction to something.

You can watch it...if it spreads rather than going away...then it needs to be looked at.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.