Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My test came back no infection my doctor thinks it may

My urine test came back no infection my doctor thinks it may be bladder cancer and is sending for tests last night couldn't pee just blood came ,my urine is tea colour and I have slight burning sensation also slight pain from my navel downwards and now have diarrhoea ,I think I've been like this for five weeks can it be something else
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer, although I'm sorry that you are having problems.

Your doctor is correct that once infection has been ruled out, there should be testing to be certain that there is no cancer causing these symptoms. However, it is also true that there are other possible causes of tea coloured urine, passing blood, and lower abdominal pain. It can be related to kidney or prostate stones, various inflammations of the kidneys (nephritis), prostatic hypertrophy, or vascular malformations (abnormal growths of blood vessels).

It is also important to note that most bladder cancers are discovered at a stage at which there are reasonably good response rates to treatment. As with all cancers, the success of treatment is directly related to how early the cancer is detected, but bladder cancer will frequently cause bleeding while it is still localized to the bladder, so that response rates are good.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know.