Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Last weekend I developed heavy floaters and this was followed

Last weekend I developed heavy floaters and this was followed by a shadow developing at about 4 o'clock in my left eye I visited the eye clinic on Monday's fearing it could be a detached retina but was given the all clear in that regard but no real explanation of the problem which has now worsened with the shadow becoming more intense and width it does not affect my forward vision which though a little bleary because the eye has become more wet
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am glad you did not have a detached retina.

what sort of clinic did you see? did you see an opthalmologist? did you have a dilation of your pupil and proper examination of your retina with an opthalmascope?

you could be having a conjunctivitis infection of your eye. this can cause more mucous and tearing of your eye.

you might need antibiotic eye drops to help clear up any sort of bacterial conjunctivitis infection

is your eye itchy?

do you have a lot of tearing of your eye?

do you have redness and inflammation of under your eye lid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I
I did have a detached retina after all the first specialist missed it eventually a visit to specsavers confirmed the worst operated on this morning
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
good luck to you with the retina surgery.

let me know how it goes

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician