Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I hv a pain in lower right side of my back it doesnt feel

Customer Question

I hv a pain in lower right side of my back it doesn't feel muscular but is an ache
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long you have this? Is there any pain on pressing? Is that area in line with the belly button (flank)? Any urinary symptoms like burning, frequency or urgency? Any constipation, diarrhoea etc? What are your diagnosed medical problems and any medications you are on? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Urinating often feels like a strain when I move no pain sitting down
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Alfie thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. As per symptoms there can be two causes. This can be muscular or can be related to a urinary tract infection. Muscular pain however is least likely but possible because of association of pain on movement. The more likely cause is urinary tract infection, because of associated frequency of urination. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations irrespective of the cause over the counter tab Tylenol thrice daily can be taken. Over the counter Cranberry juice thrice daily is helpful for the urinary tract infection. If you feel better in next 48 hours, you can continue that. If symptoms persist see your doctor to get a urine R/E, urine culture and ultrasound abdomen. But hopefully my suggestions will help you. Please don't stress yourself because nothing serious can be associated with these symptoms. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.