Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hello my names nic, Ive been suffering from bv for yrs now,

Customer Question

Hello my name's XXXXX XXXXX been suffering from bv for yrs now, only knowingly for about 2 yrs although have noticed in past yrs a very bad smell, thought it was normal when I was younger. I've been to doctors since last yr, been prescribed 3 lots of medication treatment, yes it went for a bit, then of course come bk. Then from taking all this medication it became worse, I had thrush ontop of bv, which left my vagina feeling destroyed. I've had swobs, tests and you name it, home remedies, probiotics, and the only out come I've had that's positive, is no more inflemation as much and no real itchy or sore around the vagina anymore, I'm just dealing with the smell, that is just terribble and not normal, it's disgusting. I've just had to make my doctor give me a referral to see a gynecolodgist but can't get in until Mon. I was just hoping for some proff advice while I'm waiting. My relationship is pretty much on it's way out because of this infection, my bf has been 100% supportive, but it's come to the point where he can't deal with me sexually.....I'm only 26, I need some serious help b4 things go completely down the drain for me....plz help me
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

What is your age?
Do you have any thick white discharge now?
Have you ever taken oral anti fungal medications?
Do you know your blood sugar level?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert