Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had cancer tumors in my liver due to metastasis from colorectal

I had cancer tumors in my liver due to metastasis from colorectal cancer. 2 surgeries and 2 chemotherapy sections later, 3 years on, and I have been clear of any tumor or any sign of tumor activity.
Check ups are performed at every 3 months.
After the last chemotherapy section, I consulted with a homeopathic doctor who prescribed Carcinocin, which I took at different potencies.
My question is: should I continue taking it as precaution to avoid any possible recurrence?
I would appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

Edwin
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No
This is not how homeopathy works.
You have to follow up with the homeopath.

Carcinosin might be one of two or three main remedies that you need.

This is serious business...make sure your homeopath works with cancer.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor

are you getting CEA blood test every 3 months to check for colon cancer recurrence?

did your colon cancer make CEA in your blood stream when you were first diagnosed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The recurrence was in the liver, 2 surgeries, CEA was in the blood steam. Check ups are: blood test for tumor markers, ultra sound alternated with CT scans. No tumor activity according to readings.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
that is great the colon cancer has not come back in 3 years.

in some patients aggressive local excisions in the liver for colon cancer metastasis can extend survival and increase the chance for long term cure.

that is good you are getting regular CEA blood tests and ultrasounds alternating with CT scans with contrast.

what your cancer doctors have done so far have given you your best chances at cure for this colon cancer.

also you should eat a good diet, lots of fruits and vegetables and low animal fats and meats and exercise to help improve your health and immune system.

continuing to follow up with your doctors and having a good diet and exercising will be your best methods to help you to keep your colon cancer from coming back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any reference to a homeopath doctor?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
are you looking to find a homeopathic doctor who treats cancer patients in United Arab Emirates?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If possible, yes. However, I doubt there are any.

Otherwise, an online doctor will do.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
Well, you can ask Dr. Thomas who was the first expert who resonded to your question

he has experience in homeopathic medicine and alternative medicine and intergrative medicine.

he is double boarded in internal medicine and integrative medicine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I appreciated your attention, Regards

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician