Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

i get tremors in my right hand and deemed to have parkinson

Customer Question

i get tremors in my right hand and deemed to have parkinson could this be so and if so is there a treatment for it please
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

You need discuss this with your doctor for this. If possible, a Neurologist.

There are many causes of tremor and all causes should be excluded.

Medical causes of tremor include hyperthyroidism, essential tremor, familial tremor, Multiple sclerosis, etc.

Anxiety is a common cause of tremor. Besides this, smoking is another common non-medical cause.

Other causes considering your age that are likely for you are hyperthyroidism, as also familial tremor.

Since these medical conditions may also be the cause of your tremor, you should get this checked up by your doctor.

There is definitely treatment for parkinsonism - medicines are available which your doctor will prescribe for you.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.