DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, After a lower back injury 3 days ago I visited a chiropractot

Hi, After a lower back injury 3 days ago I visited a chiropractot yesterday. I was told that it is not a disc or broken vertebrae but ligament or muscle tear.

She did treatment without my experiencing any pain. But overnight and today I have such middle back stiffness that I cannot bend over while standing up straight. Getting in & out of bed/chairs difficult too.

I expected some stiffness but not this much. She did say that as I have CFS that I may overeact to treatment & was careful not to do too much.

The practice is closed at wkend and I am concerned that I have another injury etc. She did press vertebrae of middle cak and press that area. I do not have the 'red flags' of nerve injury etc.

Thnks, Gill
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I understand this type of situation.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the level of stiffness I have described something I should be concerned about? (It is much more than I had before appt.) Tks

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That depends on what the exam findings are.
If your chiropractor knows how to do a good structural exam...probably not..it is probably a reaction to the treatment.

If it persists, I would get an MRI before any more treatments...a ligament tear can be as serious as a disc, if severe enough.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.