Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

on my face is red and burns

Customer Question

on my face is red and burns
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more? How much of your face is red and how long has this been going on? Any allergies that you know of and any problem breathing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem breathing no allergies about 6 mounths

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK, Has a doctor looked at this and any possibility of posting a photo on this page? Have you had any tests run?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my doctor has looked at it and gave me cream eurax hc cream no tests run I am dark skinned you could tell on a photo

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. Since the cream you're using hasn't helped, this is probably rosacea--adult acne. You need to ask for oral doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for two weeks to clear it up and I would also have you take either Zantac or Claritin to relieve the burning feeling while this heals
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I bye over counter?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, no, it's a prescription antibiotic but it isn't very expensive