Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

I have a P/e in my right lung which I have had for 14. Months.

I have a P/e in my right lung which I have had for 14. Months. And I am on warfarin and I get out of breath when I climb stairs or move to quick will my breathing ever get any better in time
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

I am sorry to know of the difficult circumstances you are facing.

What was the cause for this pleural effusion identified as?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Blood clot. In right lung. I have been on warfarin for approx. 14months and I get out of breath when I. Climb stairs. Or move to quick will this condition. Get any better with time.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

The good news is that as the issue with the clot resolves so would the effusion followed by symptoms.

So yes it should improve with time and your issue with breathlessness should get better over time. Defining that time may be possible by your doctor since he/she has the investigations with him/her and therefore is able to tell of the improvement in the clot issue and there by can likely be able for time window calculation.

In the mean while you may get benefit by increasing your stamina by doing mild to moderate exercises, an ideal being daily walks on level ground instead of stairs.

Hope this helped you understand the situation :)

If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please) If you need further clarification please do let me know instead of any rating.

Warm regards
Dr MASK