Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My partner says I terrify him while am asleep. I constantly

Customer Question

My partner says I terrify him while am asleep.
I constantly snore but apparantly go silent for a few seconds and suddenly jolt back into snoring.My partners also says I sound like the ''exorcist''while asleep.He says it sounds as if am having trouble breathing and sounds heavy and laboured.It gets so bad he has to get up and sleep on the sofa to get a good nights sleep for himself.Its starting to upset me now.
Am a 45yr old female.Slim/medium build with coronary arterie disease which was diagnosed after having a heart attack 3 years ago.Can you advise on whats happening in my sleep and offer advice?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

it sounds like you could have sleep apnea.

Dr. David :

which is a condition where your airway gets blocked when you sleep and this can disrupt your sleep and cause you to be more fatigued during the day

Dr. David :

there are sleep specialist who can treat patients who have sleep apnea with different methods.

Dr. David :

to help improve the air flow while you sleep.

Dr. David :

this will help improve your sleep and allow for better rest

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Dr. David :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-82wekcge- :

Hello there,

JACUSTOMER-82wekcge- :

I was referred to a sleep apnoea clinic and wore a monitor for one night and had to hand it back 2 days later for the readings to be checked.I have recieved a letter for a respitory clinic app but am still waiting for the appointment which seems to be taking ages and ive been told my night time breathing is worse now.

Dr. David :

that is good you have been referred to a sleep apnea clinic.

Dr. David :

it sounds like they might try to set you up with a CPAP machine possibly to help your breathing while you sleep.

Dr. David :

this is a special fit mask which pushes air into your lungs to help you breath at night when you sleep.

Dr. David :

and could help your sleep and snoring

Dr. David :

it can take some getting use to, but you hopefully will find that it helps you breath when you sleep and you snore less and get better rest while you sleep

Dr. David :

best of luck to you.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.