DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have cirrhosis of the liver caused by Temazepam to help me

I have cirrhosis of the liver caused by Temazepam to help me sleep. It is quite bad,as I didn't realise what was wrong with me for many years.I am now very weak and have been following the liver diet for 4 mths. and gradually the yellowing of the skin is fading. I keep low salt and fat and iron and wonder if homeopathic medicine can help with healing. I stll have discomfort in midriff and sometimes backache if I don't rest enough. I have a chemist nearby who can source most remedies.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It depends on an entire homeopathic analysis of your case.
A homeopath should spend several hours with you to pick the best remedy, which is based on the analysis of everything about you...there is no such thing as a remedy for a specific problem, but a remedy that fits your picture

Make sense?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been on some sort of tablets to help me sleep since I was fourteen,am now 60.I have been suffering from extreme fatigue for a long time and all the Doctors have ever given me is a diagonsis of M.E.I have had severe backache foe over a year, and hives,and anxiet and depression.I have tried to rest but it has been impossible because the DSS stopped my money, so I have had to work cleaning for old people and it takes every ounce of my energy to manage 2 Hrs when I can. I realised it was serious in November last year when I was too weak to work and my stomach swelled up yet again as it had been doing off and on for a number of years,I also turned yellow and could barely drink water. I have not been to the Doctor because I feel too weak mentally and physically to face bad news. Have been researching info. and following a strict regimen.Up to 4 mths ago I was drinking caffeine in desperation to get energy to work.I would like some hope and help.What specifically would you like to know?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, you MUST go to the doctor.
This site does not substitute for that.
Tell me how you are with temperature.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. I will. I get shivery and I get very hot, sweating profusely,for a while then it subsides.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Are you generally cold
Do you like hot showers

What makes you feel better
Are you restless?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I am generally cold,with occasional hot sweats thoughout the day. Yes I do loke hot showers as they warm me up for quite a while after, and give me a little bit of energy.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
And are you restless
And what are your fears?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am restless on occasions especially when anxious,but too tired to use up much energy on restlessness. I am afraid of dying or being unable to look after myself or being destitute.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
I am going to tell you that you need to find a classical homeopath.
This is a serious business and requires one remedy at a time, based on extensive analysis, and the picture can change after the remedy.

You picture, based on this very superficial amount of information, fits a remedy called Arsenicum Album. Starting at a 200C potency, one dose, one time and see.

The homeopath then makes decisions on how you react.

However, a homeopath might start with a different remedy if they elicit more pertinent information. There are 3000 remedies.
Any one of 50 to 100 might be the best starting remedy.
That requires computer analysis. And about a three hour interview.

The homeopath should also look carefully at phosphorus.
And a few others, specifically sepia, lycopodium, nux vomica and aurum.

And quite a few others.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I do have lower dose bottles of these remedies,and I do take arsenicum. Alb for occasional itching. I will contact my G.P. tomorrow and be brave and also track down a local Homeopath, Thank you for your help.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome anytime
Any questions at all.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.