Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 6 yr old daughter 2 weeks ago was unwell for one week with

My 6 yr old daughter 2 weeks ago was unwell for one week with a temperature and then a very sore ear ( very unlike her as she usually recovers within a few days with paracetamol). Watery fluid came out of her ear. She was given antibiotics and within a few days recovered completely. However now she has peeling fingertips (no other symptoms) which seems to be getting worse. I have treated with a little clotimazole as today is Sunday and will hopefully get an appointment with the doctors tomorrow. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about the peeling?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, it is not like little blisters peeling it is like she is quite large pieces of skin coming of her finger tips. It is happening on about 3 fingertips so far on each hand. It started a few days ago very slightly so we didn't pay much attention but this weekend it has become worse. I hope that helps

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Nealum--has the cream helped at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it seems to have helped.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--while this could be a fungal infection like athlete's foot only in the fingers, it sounds like it's more of an inflammatory eczema and a cortisone cream would be more appropriate for that. Neither one is too serious but be sure to have a doctor take a look as soon as possible and for now you can continue with the chlotrimazole cream