Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have concerns that I have a haemarroid (or worse) - can someone

I have concerns that I have a haemarroid (or worse) - can someone quickly view the picture and confirm? I have had the same feeling before and it went away after a few weeks by itself....what should I be doing?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can I please see the photo?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have 'forced' things out and eaten a lot of spicy food, I don't have a lot of fibre in my diet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I I do by habit wipe my anus with dry paper and i wipe until there is nothing left which i guess irritates it a bit.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
David--definitely haemorrhoids and for now you can try soaking in warm water with epsom salts and using preparation H or another cortisone cream. You also need a stool softener (over the counter) and plenty of fluids. These usually resolve in a few days but if not have a doctor take a look since you may need something called banding which is sort of a rubber band place around the base of the vein if it becomes clotted
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I havent used anything and I've had it for a week or so, do you mean prep H, stool softener and it will go in a few days?? Does it look like its clottted ??

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
If these are hard feeling and not squishy then they probably are clotted. You can try gently pushing them back in and try the prep H and sometimes that will take care of things
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its hard to tell really...they seem soft enough. but if they are clotted is that bad if i push them back in>? its not clotted as in cancer clot right? thanks for ur help by the way. I don't have any cream at the moment and its late at night here, can I use E45 for tonight or not really?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No not bad if you can get them back in since that will help resolve them in time. No--just a blood clot in the veins--that's what haemorrhoids are, just swollen veins and not cancer at all The E45 is fine for tonight David. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cheers mate.