Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I am 28years old. My test is positive but the ultrasound

Hi, I am 28years old. My urine test is positive but the ultrasound results shows I have a left ovarian cyst of Ap0 4.1mm, thickened endometrial plate seen, slightly bulky uterus Ap0 5.5cm. How do I interpret this because am presently on my period. Am confused. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--first off has your doctor commented on all of this? Have you ever been pregnant before and have your periods always been regular?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my doctor asked me to wait for my period to end and observe how long it will take.

no I have never been pregnant before.

no my periods are irregular sometimes.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mercy--have you ever had an ultrasound before and did your doctor check your estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone levels?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, no, no.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mercy--and we can continue after this if you need. It sounds as though you may have endometriosis which is a problem with extra endometrial tissue not only inside the uterus but outside and it can occur in the ovaries and even on top of the intestines. The hormones can be very unbalanced in this condition and you really aren't pregnant if that was your concern here. The hormone tests can make the diagnosis and you may need laparoscopy to look at the ovarian cyst and the uterus and intestines.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks but will this condition in any way affect me getting pregnant?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay--no it shouldn't affect your ability to get pregnant and to carry to term
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its ok. Why then did the pregnancy test shows positive, could it be as a result of the unbalanced hormones?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes--it's just a hormonal imbalance the caused the test to show positive and that can happen with this condition Mercy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you dr. Chip. I have been so worried and confused that I couldn't wait for my doctor. What happens if I do not check or treat this conditon?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Mercy. The condition may not need any treatment at all since the hormones can readjust themselves. Just talk to you doctor and let me know what he says. Take care and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you take care too. Thanks once again for your time and answers. Will sure update you.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I'll be here Mercy but please to rate my service to you