Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

A biopsy, 09/13, revealed staphylococcus capitis had entered

Customer Question

A biopsy, 09/13, revealed staphylococcus capitis had entered my body during previous surgery. Since that diagnosis I have been unable to obtain any advice as to how the infection might be treated. Further more I suspect that it may have caused osteomialitis in the tibia of my right leg.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question.

I'm sorry this happened.

Are you on antibiotics?

any symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, my current medication is Levothyrex 112.5g per day

and urolec for an enlarged Prostate

where was the biopsy taken from?

do you have any symptoms of infection?
This absolutely needs to be reviewed by an infectious disease consultant

This includes workup for bone infection and seeding of heart valves with the bacteria.

This bug can cause serious infection when in the blood

I think you are on the right track though David

1)seeing a consultant to evaluate the treatment needed

2)you seem to be clinically stable so I am not overly worried you are in danger right now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, but I am currently finding all doors closed to me since the consultants are reluctant to lose their time and the theater time in dealing with a staph infection.I am currently being refused an MRI since the Health authorities have circulated a notice regarding the fact that I carry this infection!

That is crazy David!

you need an MRI and an echo of the heart!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Crazy is a much milder word than I am using. But that's the way it goes in France, if you are over 75 and not of French nationality. Go away and die quietly!

But that is not my intention. I will find the answers, even if it kills me! As you will see my sense of humor has not yet deserted me. I cannot have the ruptured tendon in my left shoulder repaired for the same reasons given for the other ailments.

Thank you again, no reply required