Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi Doctor, Can you advise if somebody has post concussion

Hi Doctor,
Can you advise if somebody has post concussion syndrome how long do the symptoms last & your medical opinion can the symptoms include dissociation with thought & action?

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

usually post concussion syndrome will not cause dissociation of thoughts and actions.

Dr. David :

did you hit your head hard?

Dr. David :

it sounds like you are having excessive anxiety over this.

Dr. David :

usually concussion symptoms last a few days or a few weeks after the head injury, depending on how hard you hit your head.

Dr. David :

hello?

Customer: Yes, I had an accident at work, a metal bar fell on my head, I was diagnosed with pcs, I hadn't been feeling myself for approx 2 weeks, I don't know why but I concealed an item at work as a result I was dismissed from my position today - totally out of character?
Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

if the trauma to the head was very hard, you should get a CT scan of the brain to check for a subdural bleed.

Dr. David :

sometimes you can have bleeding in the brain under the dural lining and this can put pressure on the brain and cause headaches

Dr. David :

and in rare situations, even personality and behavioral changes

Dr. David :

if the frontal lobe of the brain is pressed on

Dr. David :

so you should get a scan of the brain with a CT scan to check for bleeding if you haven't had that yet.

Dr. David :

there have been cases where brain tumors cause people possibly to do unusual things and change their behavior.

Customer: I feel better now, but I know I haven't been right at work or at home, the accident happened on 24/01/14 & the incident happened on 31/01/14, 7 days after, couldn't sleep, had headaches, altercations, missing in action, not myself?
Dr. David :

that could have been from a temporary bleed in the brain causing pressure on the the brain and causing behavior changes.

Dr. David :

if you feel better now, the bleeding could have stopped and the blood reabsorbed.

Dr. David :

you can read this story.

Dr. David :

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mayor-blames-billion-dollar-gambling-binge-tumor-addiction/story?id=18511419

Customer: I don't want to lose my job, it's my livelihood, I know what happened is wrong, but I can honestly say it wasn't me?
Dr. David :

tell, you can see if you can get a CT scan of your brain or MRI scan to see if there is any evidence left of the bleed.

Dr. David :

and you can get a lawyer or solicitor to see if they can help you make a case for the trauma to the brain causing the temporary bleeding and temporary change in personality.

Dr. David :

it is a real possibility.

Customer: Is this possible, that I would have had a bleed?
Dr. David :

yes,

Dr. David :

that would have caused the headaches and personality changes possibly.

Dr. David :

best of luck to you

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done, please leave positive feedback below the chat b

Dr. David :

box

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Dr. David :

is my website if you need to reach me again.

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Customer: Do you send me an email of the conversation we have just had?
Dr. David :

yes, a link to this conversation is in your email box which you can get to at any time.

Customer: Also are you a doctor based in the UK and what are your qualifications please?
Customer: Do I only get the link after payment has been taken?