DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

how can i have an upper third molar tightened?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is the cause?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As already stated,I think that I bit on a nut in my b reakfast yoghurt just a week ago .I am not certain that this was the cause but I have no other explanation.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No dentist exam
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is your answer "no dentist exam"? That does not tell me anything.Let me give you more information. I am 85 years old. I have all of my teeth and have had just two fillings. The first 65 years ago inthe Royal Air Force in 1949,the other 55 years ago in 1959. Neither of these are in the neighbourhood of the loose molar. I have just examined these fillings as best that I could and both seem to be in place still.My aim in calling you is for advice on how to avoid losing the loose molar.I hope you can expand your reply

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I meant to ask a question.

That was not a reply.
When was your last exam by anyone?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

From Peter Miles to Dr.Thomas MD I have been to bed since our last contact. My last exam was in 1959 .Let me tell you why I am pursuing this. as a young man I used to smoke a pipe but from time to time my front teeth became loose so I gave up the pipe for a period and my loose teeth recovered.After a few such cycles I gave up the pipe completely. Now I have already resolved to avoid nutty yoghurt so I seem to be advising myself in the hope that my loose molar will recover.Don't you think ,Doctor that you ought to give up on me?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Actually I would like you to reverse your negative rating.
I don't give up on people.
A positive rating will reverse the negative, which rates me, the guy trying to help you, bad with JA.

So
Gum disease is the most common reason for loose teeth.
It has been way too long since you had an exam or attention.

You might, for example, need root plaining, which is scraping the bacteria out from around the teeth, and this might tighten the molar.

I suggest that you get immediate dental attention....it has been way to long. A specialist called a peridontis might be in order. Or even a prostadontist, but a regular dentist can determine this.

As far as caring for the teeth, I use a regular bar soap, such as ivory ir irish spring, as toothpaste...yes sounds strange, along with buffered vitamin C, 1000 mg daily, for six weeks. That is not mainstream medicine, obviously. That is effectively a home remedy to support what your dentist comes up with.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.