Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Họw to stop urticarial allergy?

Customer Question

Họw to stop urticarial allergy?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.
The primary treatment of such urticaria is with an antihistaminic like Benadryl cap (OTC). You should take one capsule daily (it can cause drowsiness). If this does not help, then higher forms of treatment are needed.

Glucocorticoids: a long term course of prednisolone is indicated in your case since you are having so severe symptoms.

Ultraviolet radiation: Ultraviolet treatment, like PUVA, is often helpful

Tricyclic antidepressants: they are used for a synergistic action with H1 antihistaminics. Such drugs like Doxepin can control the urticaria.

H2 antihistaminics: like famotidine and ranitidine, are used in conjunction with H1 antihistaminics.

Immunosupressant medications: In severe cases, immuno suppressants like Cyclosporine or azithriopine is indicated.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.