Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Fellow American College of OB/GYN
19018599

Why do I fall in and out of love with my partners and then

Customer Question

Why do I fall in and out of love with my partners and then have go out get drunk and have one night stands?
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Susan :

Hi. Its Dr. Susan. I read your question and it sounds to me like you are still searching for the right person to have a long term, meaningful relationship with. People are easy to "fall in love with" until you get to know them better. Then, you realize they have imperfections. It takes a long time to truly fall in love with someone and when you do, it is because you accept them with all their good and bad points. It is frustrating but I think you need to think about what you are truly looking for in a partner and do not settle until you find someone that is right for you. Be careful about having one night stands as they are usually not very meaningful, can be dangerous and can also lead to heartbreak for you. Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am in the wrong relationship now then if I went out and cheat?