Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

When I wake up during the night and open my eyes- the walls,

When I wake up during the night and open my eyes- the walls, ceiling and doors are full of black spots.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Do you see such spots through both eyes?
Do you have any problem with vision at this time?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Have you noticed this problem in day?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes - I see the spots with both eyes. No problem with vision. I am not on any medication. No I have not noticed this problem during the day.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

In medical terms it is called as eye floaters.
To most people, they appear grey or dark in color. They can appear as dark spots.
These "floaters" look like spots. To others, they look like tiny threads. The density of different eye floaters will vary within an individual eye.

However sudden appearance of dark spots along with flashes of light, or other vision problem, may be serious issue like-detached retina. Sometimes they can be a symptom of a retinal tear.

Also, Sitting in long hours in front of the computer or television can cause dry eyes, and may cause such dark spots.

As you have only experienced dark spots in front of eyes, and it has also occurred, in past, so it should be evaluated by doctor.
This should not be left ignored and have to be investigated by doctor.

Most spots and floaters in the eye are harmless and merely annoying.

Also, when such eye floaters are due to white blood cells in the vitreous from inflammation or infection, anti-inflammatory drugs or antibiotics will reduce the number of white blood cells.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will talk with my husband tonight and get back to you tomorrow. Thank you

Dear Customer,
Yes, sure, You can discuss this issue with your husband, Please do get a clinical evaluation from your doctor.
Yes you are free to come back tomorrow.

Good luck and Take care.

If you are satisfied, place rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.