Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I took my 30 contrseptive pills had my weeks break started

Customer Question

I took my 30 contrseptive pills had my weeks break started the second packet took 8 pills In a row then missed two pill which was last week Tuesday and Wednesday came on Thursday took pill that day had sex Friday could I be pregnant
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Did you ever make up the two pills you missed?

Dr. K. :

The correct protocol is to take the Tuesday pill on Thursday along with the Thursday pill (2 pills) and the Wednesday pill with the Friday pill (2pills) Then you are caught up.

Dr. K. :

If you miss 3 pills in row you are to stop the pill and start a new pack on Sunday.

Dr. K. :

If you did not take the makeup pills as I noted above, you are at risk of pregancy. You should do a pregnancy test if your period does not come.

Dr. K. :

If you took the makeup pills as directed above, and in the package insert, you are NOT at risk of pregnancy.