DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I first went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago,because my right

I first went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago,because my right leg was suddenly collapsing,not always, but ususally when I was not expecting it.
The doctor could offer no explanation, which surprised me.Told me to come back if it persisted. On my second visit, I explained that I now had throbbing pain which seemed to move around from the pelvis down to the shinbone. 2 days ago, I went for an x-ray,but so far the symptoms remain the same. There have also been many nights where I have been unable to sleep. Today, I felt as if I had a virus,unable to lift my legs very easily, and an overwhelming feeling of general weakness. I felt so weak that I returned to my bed for further sleep.
Can you offer any advice please?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need an orthopedic exam and probably an MRI of the lumbar spine.

Disc disease in the lower spine can cause this problem.

Loose ligaments in the leg can do it, but with the distribution of the pain, I think you have lower spine disc disease.

I would see the orthopedist or a physical medicine doctor next.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there any safe painkiller I can use,or something to help meantime?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Only 3 over the counter choices
tylenol
aleve
motrin.

Motrin has the advantage over aleve of being able to take it more often.

Aleve works better for some people.

Please to not forget a positive rating.